Standards & Norms
EuLA is and has always been very active in following and participating in the standardisation works concerning lime and its applications, with a special involvement in the Building Lime Standard EN 459.
In recent years, the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation No 305/2011 (replacing the Construction Products Directive 89/106/EEC) has required much attention, and more work can be expected in the future, especially if Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for construction products become mandatory.
Apart of construction products standards, EuLA Members who actively participate at the Mirror groups at national level of CEN Technical committees, also carefully following standards on road materials, earthworks, soil treatment, masonry and mortar and drinking water, with the continuous objective to defend a correct treatment of lime in these standards. These activities are coordinated by a dedicated Committee: the EuLA Standardisation Committee.
EuLA is active and follows the standardisation works of the following CEN Technical Committees:
- CEN TC51 WG11
- EN459 1-3 Building Lime
- CEN TC 51 WG 6
- CEN TC51 WG14 EN13282 Hydraulic Road Binders
- CEN TC125 WG2 EN998 1-2 Specification for mortar for masonry
- CEN TC125 WG4 EN1015-11 Determination of flexural and compressive strength of hardened mortar
- CEN TC351 Dangerous Substances
- CEN/TC154 Aggregates
- CEN TC164 WG9 Lime Standards for Drinking Water Treatment
- CEN TC 396 Earthworks
- CEN TC 227 Road Materials
- ISO/TC 146/SC 1/WG 30
- CEN/TC 264: Air quality
- Construction Products Regulation